Due Date Packing
My due date is getting closer and now it is time to really prepare the hospital bag for delivery. Everyone who is expecting during these days have same questions – what do I really pack in my hospital bag? There are tons of articles with lists and advices. Anyways, I will share what I’m packing and what I have got extra to get the next days.
First of all, I thought my so called “diaper” bag from Prada will be enough for all the things I need in hospital, but at the end I think I will be getting my husbands weekender so I can fit everything in there.
- Insurance card + Mother pass : very important one and I will include it inside my “Mother Passport” – that’s how they call it in Germany
- Cosmetics : I’m taking my daily creams and serums as I use them everyday and will also need them in hospital
- Massage oil: I take one from Aesop
- Make Up: just a powder to refresh before we will be driving home
- Toiletries: Deo, toothpaste, toothbrush, facewash, face napkins, hairband, lip balm, travel size: shampoo, shower gel and conditioner
- House shoes: I got these in Muji and really love them
- Bathrobe and Pijama: I have got some real bathrobes at home but they will be way too warm end of June, that’s why I got this new floral lace cotton bathrobe. Also a new super soft pijama from DKNY. Keep in mind to get things with buttons so that you are able to open up the front easely for breastfeeding:)
- Breastpump – I believe this is what I will need from the first day on – that’s why I’m going to pack it with me. I can’t wait to try it as I got so many recommendations about this breastfeeding starter kit and swing maxi from Medela. They are number 1 in this niche and I’m happy that I’m prepared with this set!
- Hygiene stuff : underwear, nursing bras, maxi pads
- Warm socks: they say that it is important to have at least one pair as during labor the feet can get very cold
- Snacks: I’m going to get them this weekend – some salty and sweet snacks
- Water: I know this is not included in everyones list but I do not drink all types of water because of the different taste, so we will have a 6 pack ready in the car with my favorite water bottles 🙂
- Favorite Book and favorite music on Spotify: Need still to create that calming playlist
- Going home look: here I keep it easy, I got some relaxed Zara dress which I will wear if its very warm and will get some t-shirts with leggings just in case.
- Technical equipment: Camera, phone chargers, headphones
Belle Enfant Cashmere Top
- Diapers & Wipes : I know that hospital will provide that all, but still to have some reserves makes you feel prepared
- Swaddle and spitting cloths : I will probably use them while breastfeeding
- Blanket – organic cotton blanket from Bonnie Mob for going home
- Car seat : we got the most light version of Maxi Cosi – Cabrio Fix
- Firts Outfit: I hope I can dress him when we will be going home, some hospitals provide clothing. I choose two looks – one is in case its fresh weather and the other one if its very warm. I love this cashmere set from Belle Enfant. The other look is from Ralph Lauren. I also pack some underwear from Petite Bateau.
I’m so excited and can’t wait for this day. All the pieces above I’m keeping new and packed in my bag as they are so special for me. Also we will need extra bag for my husband:) I will keep all of you updated and if any of you had already experience – share with me what I need to add more.