It took me almost half a year to really fall in love with one stroller which I chosed for my baby. I actually heard about it long time ago but in the city where I was living – most of the stores wouldn’t have it. My sister “twice mama” – suggested not to buy “ANY” stroller as this is basically the most important piece which will be your bestfriend once the little baby arrives. I heard so many names and different opinions but there was just one stroller which every mama wished about – the Bugaboo! And you know, I had to travel to their store in Berlin so I can really see all available styles and colours. My sister told me to move it with one hand – and it works so incredible smooth!!!
After I checked all colours and already put an eye on the Grey Melange, we went with my mom to have a lunch and to think about what colour do we get. During my lunch I met a typical Berlin Mitte couple with a cute baby boy and they also had a Bugaboo. We had a little chat and they told me that this little boy getting so fast weight that I better get a stroller with light weight so I’m able still to carry baby inside the bassinet when I need to go indoor for example – and that their stroller is the most light weight available in the market. So the love at first sight to Bugaboo stroller doubled after this talk.
I still went to check other brands and tried many other strollers – the main problem which I faced with other ones was that it is impossible to turn the strollers without lifting the front wheels from the ground, so I knew that I do not want a traditional wheeled stroller.
Here are the most important points you should check before you get your stroller:
- Light weight – especially if you like travelling
- Easy to handle – believe me while your texting or using your navigation on your phone or just having a coffee while the baby is sleeping, you all the time need one hand to be free
- Fold & Unfold – this point is one of the important points for me, of course if I’m out with my husband who could fold within a short time most of the strollers, Bugaboo can be folded with one hand and my husband loves it as well.
- Washable – Choose the stroller where the parts can be removed and washed – this will make your life easier.
- Car Seat friendly – > while little monster is sleeping, you don’t want to wake him up and change his seat to bassinet, the easiest way is to take the car seat out from the car and it on top of your stroller. (For Bugaboo you can get extra adaptor here)
- Removable Bassinet -> I recommend to get a stroller with removable bassinet so you can easely take it out with one click if baby fell asleep.
- Extra Storage -> you need a place to store some bags or items while you are out with your baby.
- Adjustable Hood -> very much needed especially during very sunny days or rainy days. Best is when the hood can really cover the entire bassinet.Bugaboo Buffalo – has biggest wheels in comparison to all other Bugaboo strollers which is perfect for offroad walks as we live outside from the city.
All mentioned points are as important as to have my stroller looking cool and fashionable, something that would fit with my looks during summer and winter times – and the Bugaboo Buffalo Grey Melange was the one which combines all of that.